What is RAIN RFID?
RAIN RFID is a global alliance promoting the universal adoption of UHF (Ultra-High Frequency) RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology. Electronic readers are used to wirelessly collect information from tagged items using radio waves. The information is then stored, managed and shared through the internet.
Benefits of RAIN RFID
- Cut down on current costs while maintaining eyes on all products
- UHF's longer read range translates into fewer readers and lower costs
- Passive tags do not require their own power source, so upkeep requires no batteries or manpower
- Each item is tracked and monitored so its whereabouts and condition is known at all times
- Instant updates and real-time reporting across stockrooms, greenhouses, stores, ship docks and more
- Find items quickly and efficiently to prevent transport delays or stalled sales
- Manage replenishment with automated quantity tracking to exactly match quantities needed
- Immediately review updated inventory quantities upon fulfillment to ensure complete delivery
- Quicker, more efficient shelf replenishment results in more sales
Supply Chain Management
- Guarantee product authenticity and condition via blockchain technology
- Individualized EPCs validate that the actual product received is the authentic product promised
- Any tampering or environmental changes can be recorded for review immediately upon delivery
- Enables reuse of packaging materials and tags
- Tags do not require own power source so can be used limitlessly
- Keep tabs on pallets, totes, and other reusable supplies to reduce waste
Solving the Dense Reader Problem
When two or more RAIN readers are positioned closely together, their signals may interfere with each other when communicating with tags. This interference results in inaccurate or jumbled readings. However, when readers are positioned too far away from each other, there may be gaps in coverage if they can’t produce enough power to reach tags. Clairvoyant’s goal is to create a product that tackles this problem at a fraction of the cost of current reader solutions on the market.
What Makes Clairvoyant Readers Better?
Our readers sense tags more efficiently because they don’t need as much power to interpret the backscatter. This technology results in smaller readers that are more economical for users.
With a faster scan rate, every item is always accounted for. Users will never miss a product being loaded or unloaded at the dock doors, improving loss prevention and inventory accuracy.
Each reader's transmit power is kept within its own channel allowing for denser reader placement and increased bandwidth. Unread gaps can be eliminated with nearby readers that won't jam.
Heightened ability to filter out other readers and tag channels eliminates interference between readers. Tags are read efficiently with better accuracy and fewer misfires.
Hardware & Software Advantages
Nesting HubsHubs enable readers to cover a much larger area resulting in a lower total cost to users
Fewer CablesSystems are easier and cheaper to install without wires and cables crisscrossing everywhere
Optional MountsMounting hardware allows customers to install exactly where needed, even in challenging spaces
Discrete RadioHigher performance than chip-based readers results in a more accurate and reliable system
TelepathySoftware can be tweaked to integrate into any vertical and to use with all RAIN industry standard middleware
Dense Reader CapablePairs with any other dense reader without worrying about interference, or works as a standalone
We'd love to hear from you. If you’re considering Clairvoyant Technology or just want more information, fill out the form and we’ll get back to you right away.
3622 Lyckan Parkway
Durham, NC 27707